Chrome.pak and locale locations

Made a cool mod to CEF that you'd like to share with others? Discuss CEF modifications here, and view modifications that others have made.

Chrome.pak and locale locations

Postby awieser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I am currently implementing some changes to the trunk, implementing the possibility for the user to set the locations for the locale and the chrome.pak files. Wanted to check with you.

I was thinking of adding 2 fields to the _cef_settings_t struct, naming:
>> locale_dir_path
>> resource_dir_path

The chrome.pak is not mentioned since there is an issue on the chromium board with the goal in merging the chrome.pak into the resource.pak.
So the basic idea is to check for the manual settings first and fallback to the default values later, which currently is the lib directory and a hard coded locale dir inside the same.

On another note I wanted to ask if there are any recommended coding guidelines since I have a hard time finding a pattern ;)
awieser
Expert

Re: Chrome.pak and locale locations

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Chrome.pak and locale locations

Postby fddima » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Personally i think, that any of resources must be searched from libcef.dll location. I.e. provide way to share one libcef library across many executables (which of course located in different directories). If it will be done - then location of pak/locale files is not have big sense. This way will not brake current deploy strategies (just include libcef inself), and allow one more - sharing. Sharing it is common way on linux/macosx and also possible on windows by providing msi/msp to allow bundle it for developers. But this is also require dynamic dll loading, 'cause in posix/windows "probing" paths for native libraries is very different. Just like idea - in fact it is deploying hell - much more than topic about.
fddima
Master

Return to Modifications Forum