JCEF set jre/bin folder other than system path

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

JCEF set jre/bin folder other than system path

Postby cleagaeb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:40 am

Hi all,

As for now I have a nice java application which includes JCEF and which opens the browser and everything is fine. I found out that it is necessary to set the java jre/bin folder in the system environment path variable else i get an error: UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jcef in java.library.path when the jcef.dll is loaded.

I don't know which file or what the jcef.dll needs from the jre/bin path but unless I set it, it won't work. Setting the jre/bin path in the java.library.path also did NOT work.

Now I deliver my application with an own java rt folder. It is no problem to add this folder to the system environment variable BUT if there is already an other java bin folder set i get into big trouble, especially if it's not java 7 and 64bit.

So the question would be:
Is there another possibility to supply my application with the jre/bin path than via the system environment variables? At its best I want to point to the jre/bin folder i deliver with the application.

Thanks in advance!
cleagaeb

Re: JCEF set jre/bin folder other than system path

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 am

What JCEF version are you using? It may have been fixed in https://code.google.com/p/javachromiume ... ail?id=118.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby cleagaeb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am

Hi,

I'm using the version 3.1750.1738.91.

I fear that this issue is not the problem but I gonna try and compile a new version of jcef. I tried loading the jawt before loading the others but this did not do the job (jawt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries).

I tried following combinations:
1) set no java.library.path | set no path variable => ERROR: icudt not found
2) set java.library.path to jcef dlls | set no path variable => ERROR: no jcef in java.library.path (where it's obvious that the path is correct to the jceff.dll as the icudt is found so I suspect the jcef.dll was not loaded correctly)
3) set java.library.path to jcef dlls | set path to only! jre/bin of my jdk => WORKING: browser pops up, site is loaded, everything works perfect
4) set java.library.path to jcef dlls and jre/bin | ERROR same behaviour as in 2.)

Code: Select all
public class Main {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {

System.setProperty("java.library.path","<path>\\jre\\bin;<path>\\dll\\jcef");
      // Set to null so the path is reloaded
      Field fieldSysPath = ClassLoader.class.getDeclaredField("sys_paths");
      fieldSysPath.setAccessible(true);
      fieldSysPath.set(null, null);

System.out.println(System.getenv("Path"));

System.loadLibrary("icudt");
      System.loadLibrary("libcef");
      System.loadLibrary("jcef");

System.out.println("Done");
   }
}
cleagaeb

Postby cleagaeb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am

Just built jcef (Rev. 110) with cef (3.1916.1749) and I still got the same problem. As soon as I set the path to the jre/bin via windows path it works, but I find no other way than to define it via path variable.

Gonna continue testing tomorrow.

Thanx for your help
cleagaeb

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:51 am

Have you tried setting the PATH variable in the bat file (set PATH=...) before calling java?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby cleagaeb » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 am

Well it's working now.

After packing the jcef.jar and uploading it to our artifactory, I forgot to update with mvn -U.

Now it's working! Thanks for your help!
cleagaeb

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm able to reproduce this problem when trying to load JCEF via JUnit Console Launcher. It only works if I set PATH and java.library.path exactly as you describe in step 3:

set PATH="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin"
java -Djava.library.path=.\jcef_build\native\Release -jar .\third_party\junit\junit-platform-console-standalone-1.4.2.jar -cp .\out\win64 --select-package tests.junittests

In my case it doesn't seem to make a difference if the class files are in a JAR, I still need to set PATH in the same way (except for some reason --select-package no longer discovers any test cases, so I'm using --select-class instead):

set PATH="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin"
java -Djava.library.path=.\bin\lib\win64 -jar .\bin\junit-platform-console-standalone-1.4.2.jar -cp .\bin\jcef.jar;.\bin\jcef-tests.jar --select-class tests.junittests.TestCase1
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:25 pm

It seems to work provided the full Java path (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin") is first in your PATH variable. It doesn't have to be the only value in PATH. On Windows the Java PATH is often set to "C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath" (which contains a shortcut to java.exe), and that doesn't work in this case.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum