CEF Frameworks/Mac XCode6 codesigning

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other CEF users.

CEF Frameworks/Mac XCode6 codesigning

Postby fernandomorgan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi, any plans to convert the CEF framework (Mac) from unversioned to a versioned?

There is a change in Xcode6 (might be a bug) regarding code sign, but it's assuming that a framework must be versioned

CodeSign ....app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium\ Embedded\ Framework.framework/Versions/A
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode6-Beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Signing Identity: "...."

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign xxx --preserve-metadata=identifier,entitlements,resource-rules --requirements =designated\ =>\ anchor\ apple\ generic\ \ and\ identifier\ \"$self.identifier\"\ and\ ((cert\ leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9]\ exists)\ or\ (\ certificate\ 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6]\ exists\ and\ certificate\ leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13]\ exists\ \ and\ certificate\ leaf[subject.OU]\ =\ \" removed \"\ )) ...app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium\ Embedded\ Framework.framework/Versions/A

I removed some text for privacy, but it seems that it's looking for a versioned framework. I can still code sign from the command line and from XCode5, so this might just be a bug (going to file a radar for that), but wanted to give an heads up.
fernandomorgan
Techie

Re: CEF Frameworks/Mac XCode6 codesigning

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks for the heads up. Are the command-line tools that work from Xcode 5 or Xcode 6?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby fernandomorgan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Xcode6, and in Yosemite seed but I opened a radar with Apple and trying to understand if it's their bug or not.

Btw, I noticed that the automate-git.py creates a versioned CEF framework (branch 1916). Couldn't we use this instead in the distribution?

thanks
fernandomorgan
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:02 am

fernandomorgan wrote:Btw, I noticed that the automate-git.py creates a versioned CEF framework (branch 1916). Couldn't we use this instead in the distribution?

Yes, probably.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby fernandomorgan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:49 pm

an update on this: using the command line code signing works fine, so this seems more like an Xcode bug to me.

for reference, I do,

codesign --verbose=4 --force --timestamp="${CODE_SIGN_TIME_STAMP_SERVER}" -s "${CODE_SIGN}" "${BINARY_NAME}/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/"

then actually code signing the app

codesign --verbose=4 --force --timestamp="${CODE_SIGN_TIME_STAMP_SERVER}" --entitlements "${ENTITLEMENT}" -s "${CODE_SIGN}" "${BINARY_NAME}"

and you can verify it with

codesign --display --requirements - --verbose=4=4 "${BINARY_NAME}"

(and spctl)
fernandomorgan
Techie

Postby fernandomorgan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:44 pm

sorry, my bad - it only works with XCode5 command line, not xcode6 ones
fernandomorgan
Techie

Return to General Discussion