Stripped down mod with only HTML5 and CSS3 support

Made a cool mod to CEF that you'd like to share with others? Discuss CEF modifications here, and view modifications that others have made.

Stripped down mod with only HTML5 and CSS3 support

Postby rraallvv » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Guys, I would like to use CEF3 to load the UI in a game from local files, is there a mod with only the HTML5 and CSS3 features, this is because I want to substitute the javascript interpreter by lua's.
rraallvv

Re: Stripped down mod with only HTML5 and CSS3 support

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:38 pm

The requested product does not exist.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Stripped down mod with only HTML5 and CSS3 support

Postby PolesApart » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:26 am

If you absolutely need to make heavy use lua on the browser side:
http://kripken.github.io/lua.vm.js/lua.vm.js.html

As v8 is an advanced javascript engine that should run faster than one would expect.

If you only need to interact with lua interpreter already running in your core application, or make eventual use of it on the web side, my suggestion is that you make thin v8 (javascript) bindings that passes data between js and lua. This data can eventually be lua source or bytecode, if your lua interpreter implements eval() (it´s on by default but some people don´t even compile it for code size and/or security reasons).

Care must be taken for multi-threading issues and object life cycle as both js and lua has different semantics (and runs garbage collectors so you must keep references now and then).
PolesApart
Mentor

Return to Modifications Forum