How to build CEF (Win32 or Managed C++) and boost

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

How to build CEF (Win32 or Managed C++) and boost

Postby aamitabh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:37 am

Hello all,

I am having so much trouble for last few months with building Managed windows C++ with CEF and boost c++ library. I even tried building a skeleton win32 project in Visual Studio 2008. I did not use VS 2010 since it does not have Intellisys.

Does anyone have a starter visual c++ windows forms project that includes CEF and boost c++ libraries? I had to turn /clr on due to inclusion of windows forms, but CEF does not like that. How do I link with CEF with the /MD compiler settings?

Assuming folder structure like one below, where should I put the CEF .lib and/or .dll files?

...\extern\cef\cef<version> This is where I downloaded latest version of CEF and built the cefclient2008.sln any ways, even though I had downloaded the binary.

...\internal\projects\sampleWin32\sampleWin32.sln This is where I built a skeleton sample solution. But do not know where should the CEF libraries be wrt this project, and what the "additional include directories", "Additional Library Directories", and "additional Dependencies" be.

Cheers. -Amitabh
aamitabh

Re: How to build CEF (Win32 or Managed C++) and boost

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 am

You should build just the libcef_dll_wrapper project with the custom runtime options. See http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... eLibraries for more information.

See the README.txt in the binary distribution for information about the included files.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum