CEF3: Exception calling IsValid on cef_binary_value_t

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3: Exception calling IsValid on cef_binary_value_t

Postby awieser » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi,

I tested my app by sending IPC messages using a cef_binary_value_t object between the renderer and the browser.
Any method calls on the sent value after sending or receiving, result in access violation exceptions including the IsValid method itself.
The exceptions did happen when the GC called the IsValid method in order to test if the reference counter should be decremented or not.

Regards Alex
awieser
Expert

Re: CEF3: Exception calling IsValid on cef_binary_value_t

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:18 pm

If it's an access violation and not an assertion it means the object was likely already deleted. Check the number of references you're adding and removing.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CEF3: Exception calling IsValid on cef_binary_value_t

Postby awieser » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Well, I tied the ref count system into the GC, I don't manage it at all.
Every time a wrapper object is disposed, the GC decrements the counter, this works fine for all objects except the cef_process_message_t and cef_binary_value_t, they seem to get disposed before the GC gets to release its handle.
I will check again but besides the handlers, increasing the ref counter shouldn't be necessary on my end, should it ?

Alex
awieser
Expert

Return to Support Forum