redraw issue inside MFC modal dialog

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

redraw issue inside MFC modal dialog

Postby wundram » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 am

I have a CEF browser inside a MFC Modal dialog window. It works fine, except that it is not repainting the window when it is dragged off screen, and back onto the screen. This only seems to happen when running inside a modal dialog. I checked with spy++, and the WM_PAINT messages are getting all the way to the WebViewHost host window, so it isn't a matter of the WM_PAINT messages being blocked. Any ideas on how to fix this?
wundram

Re: redraw issue inside MFC modal dialog

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Modal dialogs run their own message loop. If you're not using multi-threaded message loop mode you need to make sure that CefDoMessageLoopWork() is getting called while the dialog is visible.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby wundram » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am

I am using the multithreaded message loop. The problem turned out to be that I needed to override WM_ERASEBKGND on the outermost frame as well as on the view containing the browser.
wundram

Postby John » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 pm

wundram,
I am having the similar issue now. Could you share some details on what you have done on resolving this issue? Thanks in advance for the help.

John
John
Techie

Return to Support Forum