CEF Compatibility with Windows Server Docker Images

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF Compatibility with Windows Server Docker Images

Postby djrecipe » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:52 pm

Hello all,

About the time that CEF dropped support for Windows 2012, I've reassessed CEF compatibility on various docker images and found the following:

* :D CEF 110.0.31 is supported on Windows server 2019 image mcr.microsoft.com/windows:ltsc2019
* :D CEF 110.0.31 is supported on Windows server 2022 image mcr.microsoft.com/windows/server:ltsc2022
* :( CEF 110.0.31 is NOT supported on any of the Windows-based .NET-enabled Microsoft docker images from https://hub.docker.com/_/microsoft-dotnet-aspnet/

Inspecting the Dockerfile for the .NET 6 Windows docker image (https://github.com/dotnet/dotnet-docker ... Dockerfile) it seems it is based on nanoserver-ltsc2022

==============

When trying to load libcef.dll on nanoserver 2022 I receive the helpful "the specified module cannot be found", and dependency walker programs aren't of much help as it seems not all of the reported dependencies are actually required (see attached
not found.txt
Dependencies for CEF on a working machine.
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
)

The current workaround for me is to just use the aforementioned windows:ltsc2019 or windows/server:ltsc2022 but it would be help inspire confidence if I clearly understood what is required for CEF to be operational in a Windows container.
djrecipe

Re: CEF Compatibility with Windows Server Docker Images

Postby HarmlessDave » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Have you searched for information on the Google Chrome or Chromium requirements? Someone might have done the detailed analysis for one of those.
HarmlessDave
Expert

Re: CEF Compatibility with Windows Server Docker Images

Postby djrecipe » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:01 pm

I'll make another effort to search and post what I find :)
djrecipe

Return to Support Forum