Linker issues after updating cef version

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Linker issues after updating cef version

Postby DanielV » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:12 am

Hi!

I am trying to update a project from cef 109 to 110 (both stable versions from the automated spotify builds), I start to get LNK2001 errors concerning cef_sandbox.lib.

LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_CreateAppContainerProfile {projectpath}\cef_sandbox.lib(app_container_base.obj)
LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_GetAppContainerRegistryLocation {projectpath}\cef_sandbox.lib(app_container_base.obj)
LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_GetAppContainerFolderPath {projectpath}\cef_sandbox.lib(app_container_base.obj)
LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_DeriveAppContainerSidFromAppContainerName {projectpath}\cef_sandbox.lib(app_container_base.obj)
LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_DeleteAppContainerProfile {projectpath}\cef_sandbox.lib(app_container_base.obj)

I cannot find any particular instance where any of these functions are being called explicitly. cef_sandbox.lib is being included from the right version of cef. I can build and run the cefclient, but i cannot seem to find any relevant differences in project settings between my project and the cefclient project.

Thanks in advance for any help.
DanielV

Re: Linker issues after updating cef version

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:39 am

Update your linker libs. The current list is here.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Linker issues after updating cef version

Postby DanielV » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:49 am

That worked, thank you so much!
DanielV

Return to Support Forum