Paste from URL bar to <input> locking up cefclient

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Paste from URL bar to <input> locking up cefclient

Postby alanp » Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm

I've got a bit of a weird one here.

Whenever I paste text that is copied from the address bar (or misc apps, but easily reproduceable from the URL bar) on the Linux cefclient build, the browser will lock up for approximately 12 seconds. During that 12 seconds, if I go to another application and copy new text while the cefclient is locked up, it will immediately paste the text that I have just copied.

I've been trying to figure out why this is happening (both in cefclient, and our custom application), but I haven't figured anything out yet. It doesn't seem to happen in cefsimple.

To test it I've just been running with --url=http://jsbin.com, adding an <input/> to the DOM, and pasting into it.
alanp
Techie

Re: Paste from URL bar to <input> locking up cefclient

Postby magreenblatt » Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm

Does your application also use GTK3?

Note this was also filed as https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... en-pasting but I’m not aware of anyone else looking into it currently.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby alanp » Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 am

This sounds like the same issue, thanks a lot and sorry I didn't successfully dig that up myself.

Are there any concerns with using the multi threaded message loop, which was noted as a workaround in that thread?
alanp
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Multi-threaded message loop should be fine.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum