Mac OS: Do helper process apps have a naming convention?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Mac OS: Do helper process apps have a naming convention?

Postby awmcclain » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm

I noticed when I was compiling a swift-bridged CEF project on Mac OS that if I didn't have my helper apps named `{$PROJECT_NAME} Helper (GPU).app` or `{$PROJECT_NAME} Helper (Renderer).app` that they wouldn't get spun up.

I know on macOS the helper is expected to live at `Contents/Framework/${PROJECT_NAME} Helper.app` (unless `browserSubprocessPath` is overridden), but I couldn't find any documentation about needing specific naming for the different types of subprocesses. I see that in the bundle contents for cefclient on macOS, the process helpers also follow this naming convention.

Is this documented somewhere and I missed it? I've read over the application layout document a few times, but I thought that the default helper process would be reused for different process types. I have everything working now, but I just wanted to make sure I understood it all.
awmcclain

Re: Mac OS: Do helper process apps have a naming convention?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum