Mixed Offscreen/Onscreen Browsers

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Mixed Offscreen/Onscreen Browsers

Postby anlumo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi,

I'm writing an application that uses CEF offscreen rendering with an external message pump, which works fine so far. However, now I'd like to show the dev tools in a separate window (remote devtools already work, but it'd be way better to just push a shortcut to open them up).

Opening the devtools works (using ShowDevTools), but the window doesn't accept any input events (mouse, keyboard). When I interact with the inspected DOM in the original window the devtools window does get updated properly, so it doesn't hang. When I enable offscreen rendering for the devtools window, I do receive the bitmap properly in OnPaint, and I assume that I could simply send input events to the Browser (which I do get in the life span handler), but I don't want to spend the time on integrating the inspector into my own window (messes up the whole layout).

So, I assume that the problem is in my application having mixed offscreen/onscreen rendering for the two windows. Is there a way to make this work?

I tested it on Windows in case this matters.
anlumo
Techie

Return to Support Forum