huge memory usage

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

huge memory usage

Postby smayoral » Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 am

Hi, I have a problem with just one PC where the memory usage of my chromium application is too high.
The application normally consumes 80 MB after starting and the problematic PC over 600 MB...
Same processes are opened in both cases, gpu, renderer and utility.
I use cef_binary_78.3.9+gc7345f2 but I tested it with cef_binary_81.3.3+g072a5f5 and same problem.
Anyone experienced this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Sergio
smayoral
Techie

Re: huge memory usage

Postby smayoral » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 pm

I have been fighting against this problem for some time.
I tested the chromium examples and they did not have this problem which gave me some hope.
I took the examples and compiled them with the same compiler/linker options I have in my application, still ok but it made me a bit crazy...
The final idea (I thought stupid one) was to change the name of my application, instead of app.exe, just app1.exe and the problem is then gone!
I assume some Windows configuration or program is generating this problem but so far I have not found anything...
smayoral
Techie

Re: huge memory usage

Postby smayoral » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:39 am

Problem solved...thanks to ProcessHacker tool I found out that the library "verifier.dll" was loaded in the bad case.
This dll is part of the Windows Application Verifier tool. I do not remember to have used this tool before, it is even not activated.

I then found out that there is a registry entry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\

where I could find the name of my application. After renaming this entry everything works as expected.

I will now investigate what the variables inside this entry mean: GlobalFlag = 0x02000000 and PageHeapFlags = 0x2
smayoral
Techie

Return to Support Forum