Is CEF a mature library?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Is CEF a mature library?

Postby q0e6k » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi,
Am I the only one here who thinks CEF is buggy? I was reading GeneralUsage and thought it is very promising. However, after trying to write some simple codes for practice, it turned out a nightmare. I went from wxGTK to gtk+, high level library to low level one, and still can't get it run as expected. There is always a run-time error breaking the execution of the code, and due to the lack/ambiguity of error messages it seems there is nothing much I can do. Even the test/cefsimple/, the demo that came along with the pre-built binary downloaded from CEF Automated Builds, crashes too. The cefsimple indeed can display some webpages, playing Youtube videos and stuff, but when I closed the main frame it crashed every single time. Occasionally, it crashed even before I had a chance to close the top-level window. So, is it just me or this CEF project is not suitable for production yet? By the way, my platform is MX Linux 18.3, and my wxGTK 3.1.2 is based on GTK+ 3. Thanks.
q0e6k

Re: Is CEF a mature library?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 am

q0e6k wrote:By the way, my platform is MX Linux 18.3, and my wxGTK 3.1.2 is based on GTK+ 3. Thanks.

It's unfortunately not possible for us to test and support every Linux flavor and third-party app framework. Ubuntu is recommended. You can find reports of known issues at https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... tatus=open. Since CEF is an open source project you are welcome to debug and submit issue reports or fixes for any problems that you experience.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum