Widevine not compiling in newer versions

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Widevine not compiling in newer versions

Postby eugor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 am

I've noticed that the newer versions (chrome 67+?) are no longer including automatic widevine builds. Neither my own nor the spotify builds include the dll.

What's the easiest way to build them (possibly without building the whole cef client again)?
eugor

Re: Widevine not compiling in newer versions

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

If you’re referring to widevinecdmadapter it’s no longer required.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby eugor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 am

Then I have no idea why I'm getting an "Incompatible" error when loading Widevine. I've compiled cef/chromium with the following flags: set GN_DEFINES=proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome is_official_build=true enable_widevine=true use_jumbo_build=true target_cpu="x86"
My manifest.json (slightly modified the os/arch values to make it load) and widevinecdm.dll are from a Chrome offline installer from the same branch (3578.98).

Is there anything else I might have missed? Using a spotify build from the same branch with arguments " --enable-widevine-cdm --cache-path=c:\widevinecache" also gives me the same 6001 error when trying to play widevine content.

Edit: I've got it to work now. The correct arch-value in the manifest is "ia32" for 32bit builds. No idea why the default manifest from Chrome says "x86" and "x64".
eugor

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:30 pm

This is all documented in cef_web_plugin.h. You might want to keep an eye on that file for future changes.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum