CHROMIUM BUILD FAILED

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CHROMIUM BUILD FAILED

Postby giovidegasp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi,

Recently while i was building chromium this message showed up and the build failed :

"C:\src\depot_tools\ninja.exe" -C out/Default chrome
ninja: Entering directory `out/Default'
[11/23878] ACTION //third_party/dom_distiller_js:dom_distiller_proto_gen(//build/toolchain/win:win_clang_x64)
FAILED: gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller.pb.h gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller.pb.cc pyproto/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller_pb2.py gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller_json_converter.h
C:/src/depot_tools/win_tools-2_7_6_bin/python/bin/python.exe ../../tools/protoc_wrapper/protoc_wrapper.py dom_distiller.proto --protoc ./protoc.exe --proto-in-dir ../../third_party/dom_distiller_js/dist/proto --cc-out-dir gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js --py-out-dir pyproto/third_party/dom_distiller_js --plugin ../../third_party/dom_distiller_js/protoc_plugins/json_values_converter.bat --plugin-out-dir gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js --plugin-options output_dir=:
C:\src\depot_tools\win_tools-2_7_6_bin\python\bin\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Users\User': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
--plugin_out: protoc-gen-plugin: Plugin failed with status code 2.
Protoc has returned non-zero status: 1

Do anyone know what is the cause of this issue and its solution?

Thanks
giovidegasp

Re: CHROMIUM BUILD FAILED

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:28 pm

If you are trying to build CEF you should follow the instructions from https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... rom-source
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CHROMIUM BUILD FAILED

Postby pschaeffer » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:49 am

I had exactly the same problem. The problem is caused by having a blank some in the path to json_values_converter.py. The problem is had to figure out (at least for me), but trivial to fix. I edited json_values_converter.bat and put quotes around the Python call as in (call python "%~dp0\json_values_converter.py"). My problem was actually the blanks in Visual Studio 2019. I tried to rename Visual Studio 2019 to VisualStudio2019. However, this is somewhat hard to do (the code keeps trying to recreate and use Visual Studio 2019). Once I made that minor change, everything worked.
pschaeffer

Return to Support Forum