Need help about the browser cannot load anything sometimes

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Need help about the browser cannot load anything sometimes

Postby YvonneDu » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi,
We have 3 users's machines that the browser won't load anything.
The browser uses a custom protocol to load a html file from a local disk folder which is under the same folder as the executable.

The users use Win OS build 10.0.17134 (OS 10) and the application uses CefSharp.WinForms.63.0.3

In the application, I implement ILoadHandler and IRequestHandler to trace the browser's behavior. For these users, only ILoadHandler's OnLoadingStateChange is called twice with isLoading true and false and other ILoadHandler and IRequestHandler APIs are never called at all.

From one user, I got cef log content: browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(107) Failed to launch GPU process.

I do not get all users' logs and can not tell what causes for other users.

Do anyone know what may cause this issue for example, a GPU process cannot run? Most of our users do not have this issue and this only reproduces from 7 machines.

Thanks,
Yingfang
Last edited by YvonneDu on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YvonneDu
Techie

Re: Need help about the browser cannot load anything sometim

Postby HarmlessDave » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 pm

> Do anyone know what may cause this issue?

Windows Firewall could be blocking network access for your application. If they are not at home, the company LAN hardware + software might be blocking network access.

This is the C++ support forum so I can't help with the C# version. You could try adding message boxes or writing to your own log file to get more information.
HarmlessDave
Expert

Postby YvonneDu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks.

This is my bad that I do not write it clear. My scenario is that the browser uses "custom" protocol to load a html file from local disk (same folder of the executable) and the user can launch the application and post user data to our data server.

From one customer, I get a log that the GPU process fails to run while failed to get logs from other customers.
Last edited by YvonneDu on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YvonneDu
Techie

Postby YvonneDu » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:32 pm

I am using a custom protocol to load from a local disc. So I cannot image why firewall will block this.

HarmlessDave wrote:> Do anyone know what may cause this issue?

Windows Firewall could be blocking network access for your application. If they are not at home, the company LAN hardware + software might be blocking network access.

This is the C++ support forum so I can't help with the C# version. You could try adding message boxes or writing to your own log file to get more information.
YvonneDu
Techie

Postby amaitland » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 am

Disable GPU acceleration and see if that resolves the issue.

CEF should read from the global command line, so loading you app with --disable-gpu should be sufficient.

Make sure your app has the relevant app.manifest compatibility entries, look at the sample apps as a reference.

Having to disable GPU acceleration on older machines is not uncommon, specially with Intel gpu's, upgrading the drivers and making sure that windows is fully patched sometimes helps.

You are using an old unsupported version.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum