RegisterExtension in CEF3 / DevTools

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

RegisterExtension in CEF3 / DevTools

Postby mnkypete » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of migrating our stuff off CEF1 and to CEF3.
Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to move the extension registration.

I'm registering the extension in the OnWebKitInitialized method of the RenderProcessHandler.
This seems to work fine (not tested yet), but it also does not throw any error.

So far so good, now, I'd like to open the devtools and see if everything is registered correctly, but now the problem starts.
Since the dev tools are also using a new renderer process, with an own RenderProcessHandler, my code tries to do RegisterExtension again for the new process.
That however, seems to crash the DevTools, only a white window comes up.

My question is: How do I detect the DevTools Renderer Process and don't attach my extensions there? That should not be necessary right?
Is the registration of the extension already valid for all renderer processes - or do I need to do it for every window, but not the DevTools?

P.S. I'm using CefGlue, but I think this is more a conceptual/understanding problem on my side, so..

//EDIT: Ignore my question, this was stupid. The cause was an invalid Javascript. Apparently it's necessary to wrap the defining code in an self-executing function, as in the example (function() {}();) - Would be good to know why though, nevertheless :)

Thanks in advance!
Tobi
mnkypete

Return to Support Forum