Issue with missing fonts

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Issue with missing fonts

Postby pdebella » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:05 pm

Hello... I am trying to build CEF version 105.3.33+gd83f874+chromium-105.0.5195.102 and I am getting a missing font error. I am getting the following right at the beginning of the ninja build:

[...]
ninja: Entering directory `out/Release'
ninja: error: '../../third_party/test_fonts/test_fonts/Ahem.ttf', needed by 'test_fonts/Ahem.ttf', missing and no known rule to make it
[...]

Any help would be appreciated.
pdebella
Techie

Re: Issue with missing fonts

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Build the "cef" target. e.g. "ninja -C out/Release_GN_x86 cef"
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby pdebella » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:42 pm

Thanks for your response. I tried adding cef to the build but it didn't make a difference. The last version I built was CEF 103 and I didn't have any issues there. Were there any new build arguments added that might affect this?
pdebella
Techie

Postby pdebella » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:45 am

Bump. Unfortunately, I am still having this issue with CEF 106 (same issue I had with CEF 105). The error I am getting in the beginning of the build is:

[...]
ninja: Entering directory `out/Release'
ninja: error: '../../third_party/test_fonts/test_fonts/Ahem.ttf', needed by 'test_fonts/Ahem.ttf', missing and no known rule to make it
[...]

I tried your suggestion of building the "cef" target but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Can someone please help with this?
pdebella
Techie

Return to Support Forum