macOS, CEF, and notarization

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: macOS, CEF, and notarization

Postby michaeladamkatz » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 am

mic, thanks for following through with this thread. Your entitlements files worked for me and really saved me a lot of time.
michaeladamkatz
Mentor

Postby hemant222 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 am

Hi I am using CEF 79 and xamarin.mac but unable to understand the codesign process for CEF libraries, can anyone help me please..I know how to sign mac app but not CEF, maybe a video link of detailed steps will help.
hemant222

Postby FelixCat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:23 pm

I'm currently struggling with this. Cef is a great solution for what we're building, but we are dead in the water on Mac OSX, due to all the security restrictions.

All I'm doing is attempting to access the camera and mic for WebRTC with in a page hosted by CefSimple (the test app that downloads with the binary distribution).

I have added "Hardened" security and requested both camera and audio input access.

When I attempt to code sign (I just setup in XCode to automatically sign everything in the cmake generated project), I get an error on cefsimple.app say it is "not code signe at all".

I have no idea what I'm missing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-da

PS: This is on Mac OSX 12.1 ("Monterey").
FelixCat
Techie

Postby FelixCat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:26 pm

I see these posts are over 2 years old. I'm struggle to get the CefSimple app to work with a very simple WebRTC page.

Has there been any progress/improvement in instruction as to how to build these examples, such that they are signed/notarized/sanctioned/cleansed/blessed... whatever.. such that one can actually use the framework on Mac OSX?

All works flawlessly on Windows, but I've burned through 2-3 days worth of time trying to figure out how to sign everything to get this stuff running on Mac. (12.1 - Monterey).

Any insight? I realize this is not a "Cef" problem, but a Mac OSX / Apple caused problem. And Apple is of no help of course. Hoping someone on this list has some insight.

Any consultants out there who really understand all this Apple security stuff? I'll pay a rate to get this working.

- fc
FelixCat
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:20 pm

You could look at how the notarization tools work for Electron (link, link, link). The end result should be the with for CEF and Electron, so perhaps you can repurpose their tools.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support Forum