Need help about the activity of a WebContentsView

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Need help about the activity of a WebContentsView

Postby YingfangDu » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi, CEF devs
I have a scenario that I put an WebView on top of the browser's WebContentsView to fully cover it. This WebView works like an overlay view of the browser's WebContentsView and the WebContentsView's visibility is still Visibility::VISIBLE.
I notice that when I inject some javascript in a web page that is running in WebContentsView, the script won't run in a timely manner as it running without this WebView overlay.

And I did a quick test that if the WebView only partially covers the WebContentsView, for example, leave 1 pixel margin to show the WebContentsView, this issue won't happen.

I feel like message pumping or something is deprioritized for the WebContentsView in this case.

Could anyone kindly help me understand what is happening here in this case and how I can solve it?

Thanks,
Yvonne
YingfangDu

Re: Need help about the activity of a WebContentsView

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:47 pm

The WebContentsView likely considers itself to be completely occluded (like if the tab was hidden or minimized). See related Windows and Mac documentation in Chromium.

Your question seems unrelated to CEF. Please ask such questions in the General Discussion forum or use an appropriate Chromium mailing list.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Need help about the activity of a WebContentsView

Postby YingfangDu » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Thanks very much. Your answer helps a lot.

I will move to the general discussion for further help
YingfangDu

Return to Support Forum