Build Errors - FileNotFoundError

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Build Errors - FileNotFoundError

Postby CruleD » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:31 am

Made a VM, tried it, same error.
All I did is install windows, install vs, debug tools and python, added depot tools to path and downloaded>tried to build it.
I followed the instruction 101%, even folders are on C now.
Also had same errors about user32, windows.h...and the ninja build ending with filenotfound.

I got no ideas, nor I'm sure what else to do.
I can try to follow someones instructions starting with blank VM and result with successful build.
CruleD
Techie

Postby CruleD » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Downloaded some VM image from Microsoft, and followed the instructions (almost) to the letter.
Is there anything that I did wrong?
url to video demonstration from fresh to start of run

It will take until tomorrow to get to the build part.
CruleD
Techie

Postby CruleD » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:15 pm

The above gave the same errors.

Then I put all the x86/x64 kit folders into sys.env. > path and copied to them all x86/x64 VS folders, it gave some error about pulse audio, some file missing (don't remember the name but it was actually missing).
Removed the pulse audio and ran it... and it completed.

---

It took a whole week but it's done, I'm not sure exactly what is the problem [nor which thing fixed it] but it definitely has to something with windows kits folder not being detected properly so lots of files required for building are missing.

I followed the instruction yet it kept failing, this was not the case when I did 8x version build. Maybe the instructions need to be revised (though, they are the same as far as I remember) or there is a bug with something somewhere. I would like to find out the reason.
If anyone else has time and want's to follow my steps from the video above and let me know if the same thing occurs for them I would be grateful.
CruleD
Techie

Postby ninad3d » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:34 am

I am currently facing similar issue while attempting to build branch 6099 on Windows 10. (while running ./create.bat)
Below, I've provided the update and create scripts

Code: Select all
set GN_DEFINES=is_component_build=true
set GN_ARGUMENTS=--ide=vs2022 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
python3 ..\automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=c:\code\chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=c:\code\depot_tools --branch=6099 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --x64-build --with-pgo-profiles --no-distrib --no-build

Code: Select all
set GN_DEFINES=is_component_build=false proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome use_debug_fission=true
set GN_ARGUMENTS=--ide=vs2022 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
call cef_create_projects.bat

Visual Studio Code Community 2022 is installed at the default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer
SDK is correctly installed, and the debugger is available under the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64 (includes dbghelp.dll)
SDK bin directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x64

as per screenshot error -: Exception: dbghelp.dll not found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\dbghelp.dll"
You must install Windows 10 SDK version 10.0.22621.0 including the "Debugging Tools for Windows" feature.

on my machine -:
x86 folder is not present at the path
and there is no option to add "Debugging Tools for Windows" in Visual Studio Installer add individual components.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...!!
Attachments
dbghelp.PNG
dbghelp.PNG (69.11 KiB) Viewed 476 times
ninad3d
Techie

Postby ndesktop » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:26 am

Windows SDK is a separate download.
I'm not sure if Microsoft removed x86 (I don't think so, but it would not hurt to check).

It looks like you have Visual Studio Code Community 2022, which most likely does not install the SDK.
ndesktop
Master

Postby ninad3d » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:37 pm

After performing a fresh installation of the Windows SDK,
the error has been resolved, and the build was successful.

Thank you so much, @ndesktop, for your help!
ninad3d
Techie

Previous

Return to Support Forum