CEF in authentication plugin for macOS

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF in authentication plugin for macOS

Postby kopanja » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am

Hey guys
Sorry if this was asked before, but I didn't find anything through search.

I'm working on an authentication plugin for macOS and we are using
Code: Select all
CEF_VERSION "77.1.18+g8e8d602+chromium-77.0.3865.120.
Initially, it was a typical macOS .app setup, and we didn't have any problems at all. After that, we've moved to a plugin .bundle set up, that's where problems started. Even though helpers located at Contents/Frameworks/<appname> Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/<appname> Helper and we use main_bundle_path to help locate the main bundle we receive something like that
Code: Select all
gpu_process_host.cc(1207)] The GPU process has crashed 5 time(s)
[0226/175258.601839:error:shader_disk_cache.cc(620)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
and nothing works after that, even with --disable-gpu.
We've tried to work around this thing by setting 'browser_subprocess_path'. And for quite some time, we were happy with the outcome. But some things are not rendered correctly or at all, and I suspect it might be related to browser_subprocess_path. Because in our app set up without browser_subprocess_path everything works, in .bundle set up it doesn't, and there are no more major differences between setups.
So the question is, does browser_subprocess_path takes into consideration that we have four helper apps on macOS? And can it be our problem?
kopanja

Re: CEF in authentication plugin for macOS

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:58 am

See here for an idea of what changes are required to remove the app bundle dependency. Note that use of CEF without the required app bundle structure is not officially supported or tested.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum