Comflict with cefwrapper.dlll

Having problems with building or using the CefSharp .NET binding? Ask your CEF-related questions here. Please ask general usage questions on StackOverflow.

Moderator: amaitland

Comflict with cefwrapper.dlll

Postby artistmonkey » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am

I'm making c# x86 user control activex cefwrapper from nuget cefsharp winfroms (106.0.290) and use it in SCADA application call AVEVA. But AVEVA has already used cefwrapper.dll and found some same dll file that cefsharp used in app folder. if I disable custom widget feature (that use cefwrapper.dll) and my activex control can load successfully. But custom widget feature doesn't work anymore. So, I have to choose user custom widget or my activex control. My question is how can I use both of it. I've already tested some way found in stackoverflow.
test1: setting absolute path to CefSettings.BrowserSubprocessPaht, LocalesDirPath, ResourcesDirPath. But debug attach process and found can't even call cefsetting() and error "A procedure imported by CefSharp.Core.Runtime.dll could not be loaded"
artistmonkey

Re: Comflict with cefwrapper.dlll

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:43 am

You can’t run multiple instances of CEF in the same process. If you can’t combine both uses into a single initialization then one will need to be run as a separate process.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CefSharp Forum