Noopener null after update from chromium 75 to 106

Having problems with building or using the CefSharp .NET binding? Ask your CEF-related questions here. Please ask general usage questions on StackOverflow.

Moderator: amaitland

Noopener null after update from chromium 75 to 106

Postby MarioTech » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:45 am

I updated cefSharp library (chromium from 75 to 106). I have a window form that create an instace of ChromiumWebBrowser, this instance opens a link that has a button that uses window.open to open a new page in a new tab, child page uses window.opener in javascript to perform some actions. Before update window.opener was validated, after update window.opener is null.
With the update i only changed some settings syntax (now all setings are setted with CefCommandLineArgs.add()).
Settings that i have now are
-allow-access-from-files
-allow-universal-access-from-files
-disable-web-security

Can't find anything about window.opener related cef library, i tried window.open with Chrome,Chromium,Firefox and edge, all of these browsers work fine (window.opener was always validated).

Can someone help me?

Thank you
MarioTech

Re: Noopener null after update from chromium 75 to 106

Postby amaitland » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Check the log file for errors see https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp/wi ... g#log-file

Use of the file URI scheme is not recommend, newer versions have very strict security restrictions.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Re: Noopener null after update from chromium 75 to 106

Postby MarioTech » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:42 am

Thank you for the answer.

I asked frontend to find another way to pass data to the second tab, easier job.
MarioTech

Return to CefSharp Forum