How to start

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Re: How to start

Postby itaks » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:12 am

FriwiDev wrote:Hmm, the no such file error will only occur if the file does not exist. So I suggest you double check that. If you had no permission, the error would tell you so. Did you configure the /usr/bin path manually? If so, why?

You can add to the bug report here: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... sexception

Hi,
I’ve tried to run the jar that i’ve create with maven compile in many folder.

The folder jCef-build was always correctly created.

But i see always the error that file .so is not found.

Same jar in Windows and MacOS works fine.

I must use Ubuntu for my little project. :(

is there any way to have the jar and libraries in the same folder?
itaks
Techie

Postby FriwiDev » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:58 am

I'm afraid I do not have enough insight in your raspberry PI setup to be able to help. I do provide linux arm64 and arm builds, but on an untested basis. I currently dont see why it should not work if libjcef is at the location it should be. I also searched the web for other causes of this error, but there appears to be none (except the file is indeed not found). For me it works on Ubuntu (amd64).
Maintainer of jcefmaven on GitHub.
FriwiDev
Techie

Postby itaks » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:42 am

FriwiDev wrote:I'm afraid I do not have enough insight in your raspberry PI setup to be able to help. I do provide linux arm64 and arm builds, but on an untested basis. I currently dont see why it should not work if libjcef is at the location it should be. I also searched the web for other causes of this error, but there appears to be none (except the file is indeed not found). For me it works on Ubuntu (amd64).

could you help me somehow? Maybe using skype?
itaks
Techie

Postby itaks » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:19 pm

FriwiDev wrote:I'm afraid I do not have enough insight in your raspberry PI setup to be able to help. I do provide linux arm64 and arm builds, but on an untested basis. I currently dont see why it should not work if libjcef is at the location it should be. I also searched the web for other causes of this error, but there appears to be none (except the file is indeed not found). For me it works on Ubuntu (amd64).

I finally found the problem. I was using the raspberry pi with a 32-bit operating system. Installing the 64-bit one the first time I start the application it works correctly. Once closed and reopened I get the error:

Code: Select all
Please consider reporting back whether this build worked on your platform or not.
To report back, follow these 3 (1/2) easy steps (it will take ~1 minute):
    1) Check if everything is working
    2) Go to https://github.com/jcefmaven/jcefmaven/issues/new?assignees=&labels=test+report&template=report_artifact_working.md&title=%5BTR%5D+Test+report
    3) Paste the following report as the issue text. Replace <Y/N> under "Working?" with Y or N.
    4) If the build did not work, make sure to add debug info like console output or screenshots below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test report generated by JCefSampleApp
**Tag**
{mvn_version}

**OS (linux/windows/macosx)**
linux

**Version/Flavor (e.g. Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10, Big Sur)**
Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) (5.15.30-v8+)

**Arch (amd64/i386/arm64/arm)**
arm64

**Report as working? (Y/N)**
<Y/N>

**Did you test with the official sample app? (Y/N)**
Y

**Additional information**
Your additional info and additional text here, if you want to tell us something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mar 30, 2022 9:17:00 PM me.friwi.jcefmaven.impl.progress.ConsoleProgressHandler handleProgress
INFO: LOCATING |> In progress...
Mar 30, 2022 9:17:00 PM me.friwi.jcefmaven.impl.progress.ConsoleProgressHandler handleProgress
INFO: INITIALIZING |> In progress...
Mar 30, 2022 9:17:01 PM me.friwi.jcefmaven.impl.progress.ConsoleProgressHandler handleProgress
INFO: INITIALIZED |> In progress...
initialize on Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] with library path /home/pi/Desktop/jcef-bundle
[b]Segmentation fault[/b]

Could you help me?
Thank you lot.
itaks
Techie

Postby FriwiDev » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Nice that you got it working! (At least initially :D) Yeah, running a wrong version of your OS can create issues.

The segmentation fault most likely indicates that there is something wrong in the binary. While other users already reported this, it is hard to reproduce, because it is inconsistent. Usually deleting the bundle folder and reinstalling it fixes the issue. Once the error stops happening, it will not appear again permanently. It's a bit weird tbh. I didnt manage to reproduce the error anymore with the newest versions on amd64 - no guarantee for arm64 though.
FriwiDev
Techie

Postby itaks » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:59 am

FriwiDev wrote:Hmm, the no such file error will only occur if the file does not exist. So I suggest you double check that. If you had no permission, the error would tell you so. Did you configure the /usr/bin path manually? If so, why?

You can add to the bug report here: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... sexception

since other users have reported it, do you think it will be solved?

unfortunately this project that I have to develop must be runnable from raspberry pi (arm64)
itaks
Techie

Postby FriwiDev » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:47 pm

I think this will eventually be solved, but only when someone can pin-point the actual issue. Without a proper crash report, no actions can be taken.

Why would it not run on your raspbian, if you just delete and reinstall the folder until the error does not occur anymore? For me, I only reproduced it once.
FriwiDev
Techie

Postby itaks » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:14 pm

How can i produce a report to post it into jcef forum?
itaks
Techie

Postby FriwiDev » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:03 am

You need to attach a debugger to obtain a crash report. Then you can post the crash into the jcef issues on bitbucket (where I linked you before) :)
FriwiDev
Techie

Previous

Return to JCEF Forum