CefApp.getInstance().dispose() queries

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

CefApp.getInstance().dispose() queries

Postby chandan » Wed May 27, 2020 11:44 pm

Hi,

I have noticed that CefApp.getInstance().dispose() is generally called whenever the application is about to be shut down. I have noticed that the browser specific processes jcef_helper.exe (gpu), jcef_helper.exe (renderer) and jcef_helper.exe (utility) are closed after the dispose call. However, I have noticed that all jcef_helper.exe processes gets killed after System.exit(0) in the application. Hence, is that okay if we don't call CefApp.getInstance().dispose() before System.exit(0) in our application ? Will there be any issue in that case? We are facing one issue with CefApp.getInstance().dispose() which is already raised in a different thread.

usage details are:
1. Offscreen rendering disabled
2. JCEF Version = 81.2.24.251
3. CEF Version = 81.2.24
4. Chromium Version = 81.0.4044.113
5. Java version used is 1.8.0_201-b09 and OS is Windows 7 64 bit

Your response is much awaited. many thanks in advance.

Regards
Chandan
chandan
Techie

Re: CefApp.getInstance().dispose() queries

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am

chandan wrote:is that okay if we don't call CefApp.getInstance().dispose() before System.exit(0) in our application ? Will there be any issue in that case?

In that case CefShutdown will not be called and files on disk may become corrupted. See also comments in your previous thread.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CefApp.getInstance().dispose() queries

Postby chandan » Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks a lot.

I was not aware of the files on disk issue. Now, I realize that calling CefApp.getInstance().dispose() is mandatory.
chandan
Techie

Return to JCEF Forum