Only the Jcef.jar and jcef-tests.jar are not generated

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Only the Jcef.jar and jcef-tests.jar are not generated

Postby hibra » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi,

I have followed the steps as described in "building from source" but in the end, I found that Jcef.jar and jcef-tests.jar are not generated !!
I have used VS 2017, it is the only difference between what is the steps and what I have done.

Do you have an idea why this could happen?

Best,
Hassan
hibra
Techie

Re: Only the Jcef.jar and jcef-tests.jar are not generated

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Did you run compile.bat (step #2 under Manual Building)?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby hibra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:52 am

Yes I have done that also but I have revised the output after reading your answer and found that javac wasn't recognized, so I added it to the path and re-executed the compile.bat and then the run is working and the binary distribution has these jar files. So a big thank for your rapid answer!

I have another question, is there any tutorial on how to use this binary distribution folder in a java application, I mean do we have to add the WHOLE folder "binary_distrib/win64" to the java project at the same level of our src folder, then add the jcef.jar to the build path and add this "binary_distrib/win64" folder to the java library path ? there are a lot of files I don't know if they are complete now or no, e.g. I noticed that now I have icudt.bat but not icudt.dll is this normal?
I think a small tutorial on how to embed jcef in a java project AND WHAT ARE THE FILES TO ADD IN SUCH JAVA PROJET will be very useful. At least a set of steps for this here if you can.

I have attached here the content of the binary_distrib folder, would you please also tell me if it is complete or not.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best,
Attachments
binary_distrib.win64.bin.lib.win64.png
binary_distrib.win64.bin.lib.win64.png (48.34 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
binary_distrib.win64.bin.png
binary_distrib.win64.bin.png (25.11 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
binary_distrib.win64.png
binary_distrib.win64.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
hibra
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 am

It looks complete. See the contents of the run.bat and compile.bat files in the root directory for how to use the distribution.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby hibra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:19 am

Ok, thanks! It seems that I haven't read the right readme file.
May I ask one last question in this post and it is also in some way related to my start with chromium.
I have tried to build another version for the 32bit but when I tried this command:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 Win32" ..

I have got this Cmake error: could not create named generator Visual Studio 15 Win32

Do you know what does it mean? Is it the right command to do in order to get the 32bit build? Same for the other commands do I have to just replace win64 by win32?
hibra
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 pm

For 32-bit builds use just "Visual Studio 15" (I agree, it's inconsistent).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby hibra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Ok, I see, thanks again! I have built the 32bit version.
Theoretically, all files are generated as I can see.
However, when I executed the "make_distrib.bat win32" command I got an error related to OpenGL, you may see and comment the output file in the attachment if it is necessary.

Many thanks for your active answers.

Best,
Attachments
make_distrib 32bit output error.txt
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
hibra
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Those look like errors from the make_docs.bat command ("Constructing Javadoc information"). You can safely ignore them.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby hibra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Very good!
Many thanks to you!
hibra
Techie

Postby hibra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Sorry, but I still cannot start correctly my java project with jcef!
After a successful build as I mentioned above for 32bit with "run.bat" command working properly, I tried to create a java project with jcef
So I added jcef.jar to build path and specified its native to a folder that contains all the required and even optional files as described in the Readme file of the distribution (it contains also the 6 jar files, which I have also added them to build path).
Then I copied the same test examples in detailed and simple to test them in this new fresh java project but I'm getting this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: win32\chrome_elf.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I'm trying to get rid of this error for many hours but I failed until now, do you have an idea how to solve it?

Best,
hibra
Techie

Next

Return to JCEF Forum