Chromium cache persisting beyond application session

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Chromium cache persisting beyond application session

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:00 am

Hi,

I'm working with a Java app that has Chromium embedded via JCEF. Yesterday I deployed a war bundle containing new versions of existing resources to a web server. When I launched the Java app, opened the browser and connected to the server, I still saw the old versions of the newly released resources. I verified that when I hit the same URL in Chrome directly (not from within the Java app) I did receive the latest versions of the resources. I then opened up the dev tools from within the Java app, and disabled the cache, after which I received the latest versions of the resources as expected. This was a surprise to me, as my app is not making use of the CefSettings.cache_path. It seems as though a cache is being persisted somewhere beyond the app session, but I don't know where. This has never happened before, and this is not the first time I've released new versions of resources, which is another reason I'm a little surprised. Do you have any idea what might be going on? If a cache is being persisted, is there any way to verify where?

Thanks,
Aaron
Aaron

Re: Chromium cache persisting beyond application session

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Loading about:version in CEF will tell you where the cache is located.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum