Browser content doesn't display

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Browser content doesn't display

Postby harnekmanj » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi,
I am using the JavaCEF with CEF version 3.2454.1344. My application has the JavaUI and d I am using a dockableframe to display the Browser. First time when load the application and then the DockableFrame visible the browser with the content gets displayed. But after the DockableFrame is hidden and then I make it visible again the Browser doesn't displays any content. I have tried using the OSR and non-OSR but non of them worked. In the case of OSR the content is there but doesn't gets displayed but in the case non-OSR the DockableFrame has nothing.
But if I resize the DockableFrame the browser content gets displayed and I tried debugging to see if there is any difference when the DockableFrame is loaded first or the second time, it just goes through the same call stack.

Any help will be really appreciated and thanks in advance.
harnekmanj
Techie

Re: Browser content doesn't display

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:52 pm

What OS?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby harnekmanj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 am

Windows
harnekmanj
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:45 am

harnekmanj wrote:In the case of OSR the content is there but doesn't gets displayed

What do you mean by this? What behavior are you seeing that indicates the content is there?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby harnekmanj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 am

The behavior i am getting is that I can get the context menu by right clicking. I can select the view source and it does displays the expected html content and if hover the mouse over the window that contains the browser, the mouse pointer does change to hand where there is hyperlink. I can even click on the link that triggers the javascript alert and the alert does get displayed.
harnekmanj
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:22 pm

harnekmanj wrote:The behavior i am getting is that I can get the context menu by right clicking. I can select the view source and it does displays the expected html content and if hover the mouse over the window that contains the browser, the mouse pointer does change to hand where there is hyperlink. I can even click on the link that triggers the javascript alert and the alert does get displayed.

Check if the CefBrowserOsr.onPaint method is being called. If so then something might be messing up the GLCanvas' OpenGL context.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby harnekmanj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 pm

When I first time load the DockableFrame that has the browser component, it hits the CefBrowser_N.createBrowser and then it calls the CefBrowserOsr.onPaint, but any subsequent display of the DockableFrame only makes the call to the CefBrowser_N.createBrowser but no subsequent calls to the CefBrowserOsr.onPaint. But in the case of subsequent calls if I mouse over the DockableFrame window I do get an error GLDrawableHelper.reshape: pre-exisiting GL error 0x501.
In the case I make the DockableFrame "Docked" and as must trigger the resize the browser content again shows up.
harnekmanj
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Check what's happening to the GLCanvas during docking/undocking. Something related to GLCanvas state is likely your issue.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby harnekmanj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks I will try that and update the post how it went.
harnekmanj
Techie

Postby harnekmanj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Is there any possibility of enabling the logs for the JavaCEF or the GLCanvas so that I can get some more information about what's going on behind the scene. Any thought about the issue is welcome. I have to make this working and I have already spent lot of time on this without any success.
harnekmanj
Techie

Next

Return to JCEF Forum