popup vs tab in jcef browser

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

popup vs tab in jcef browser

Postby ramyakrishnan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi ,

I was wondering, how to make jcef browser identify if user calls a new Tab or a new Popup , I saw we could override the function onBeforePopup to control popups , however, I wanted to know if there is any way to identify the window feature property specified in the window.open() JS command? because , i understand that for all popups the window feature is mentioned and for the new tab it is not .. I was unable to use CefwindowInfo/ CefPopup Features as it is taken off..

in short, how will i make jcef browser identify if the window.open() call has a 3rd argument in it or not..

Thanks
ramyakrishnan
Mentor

Re: popup vs tab in jcef browser

Postby ramyakrishnan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am

can someone give me guidance on this ?

Thanks
ramyakrishnan
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:41 pm

The features string is not passed through as-is. Parsed information is available in the CefPopupFeatures structure.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby ramyakrishnan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Marshall, I did check if I could use CefPopupFeatures but I couldn't find where it is in the source code.. Can u guide me to the location where it is ?
ramyakrishnan
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Looks like we're not currently exposing it to Java: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... er.java-16. A pull request to add that functionality would be welcome.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby ramyakrishnan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Oh ok .. Additionally, If i wanna change how my popup window looks like, eg add a title to the popup etc then shd i be getting the cefwindowsettings / window info parameter from jni as well ?
ramyakrishnan
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:44 pm

ramyakrishnan wrote:Oh ok .. Additionally, If i wanna change how my popup window looks like, eg add a title to the popup etc then shd i be getting the cefwindowsettings / window info parameter from jni as well ?

You can set the title in OnAfterCreated or wait for the OnTitleChange notification.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum