Where do i download JCEF and where is the documentation ?

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Where do i download JCEF and where is the documentation ?

Postby eligriv » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:36 am

Hi,

I'm sorry for asking these questions, but i searched all i can and i didn't find either.
The only download page is https://cefbuilds.com/ and i downloaded the mac 64 version, only to have the c++ sources and no java, no jars and no documentation.

I feel dumb for not finding anything, it probably is obvious somewhere, but if you could help me that'd be great :)
eligriv

Re: Where do i download JCEF and where is the documentation

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:32 am

You will need to build JCEF from source code. See https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... uilding.md
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby TheHammer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 pm

I was confused about this as well. With all due respect guys the install instructions aren't all that clear. I expected to see a download of JCEF on the "Downloads" page but it's just the CEF source. Install instructions should include the git clone line and anything else needed for using the "Binary" distribution including instructions on how to compile the Java portion. I'm no dummy. I've been coding for more than a decade but not in Java so it would be helpful to have complete instructions for "binary" and "build from source" in a more separate and straight forward manner.
TheHammer

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to improve the documentation.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum