[JCEF - win32] JS window.cefQuery is failing with error -1

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

[JCEF - win32] JS window.cefQuery is failing with error -1

Postby pavana » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I have a written a custom CefMessageRouterHandlerAdapter and use window.cefQuery in my JavaScript (JS) to have this custom class handle some processing. This works well in 64 bit version of my application.

Recently I had to port my application for 32 bit machines. I was able to successfully build JCEF for 32 bit Win XP and am able to get the embedded-chromium browser display an html page within my JAVA application. However, the "window.cefQuery" fails with -1. I got some information from this link -

https://code.google.com/p/javachromiume ... .java?r=97

which says -

"Any queries unhandled by C++ code in the browser process will be automatically canceled and the associated JavaScript onFailure callback will be executed with an error code of -1."

Can anyone help me with this? Why is it working in 64 bit and not in 32 bit applications? Is there a fix I can try?

I am not a C++ guy and do not have much time to explore more into the C++ side of this. Any help / pointer to help solve my problem is very much truly, sincerely and faithfully appreciated.

Cheers!
pavana

Return to JCEF Forum