JCEF and Jre6 ?

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

JCEF and Jre6 ?

Postby Zerberbuth » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:12 am

Hello,

I was able to build JCEF using jdk6 but removing a few diamond operators from the source code, but when trying to run the application with JRE6, the test application (simple or detailed) simply hangs at startup. The address bar is there along with the google.com home page, but no interaction is possible with the window. Is this a known issue with Jre6? The same project (built with jdk6) works fine when running with Jre7.

Is there a known limitation with Java6 that prevents jcef from running smoothly or was Java7 simply used from the start or would there be some simply tweak I could use to make jcef work with Java6?

Upgrading my app to Java7 (or 8 for that matter) may be an option but I would like to know if tweaking JCEF to work with Jre6 is an option as well.

Thank you!
Zerberbuth

Re: JCEF and Jre6 ?

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 am

Java 6 is not supported or tested, but it may work depending on the platform. I've heard reports that it works on Windows. You may have some difficulty on OS X where the CALayer approach that JCEF uses for parenting windows is specifically targeted for Java 7.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: JCEF and Jre6 ?

Postby Zerberbuth » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks for the information. I am running on Windows 7 64-bit, with version 1750.1738.91 of chromium in 32-bit.

I'll see if I can find what's going on, and post here if I find anything.
Zerberbuth

Return to JCEF Forum