32-bit JCEF distribution?

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

32-bit JCEF distribution?

Postby Zerberbuth » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi,

I noticed there was an update to the JCEF project, which is great since I've been manually building things in the past few days to integrate it into my java app.

However my app requires a 32-bit JVM, and there is only a 64-bit distribution of the JCEF project. Would it be possible to publish a 32-bit version of the project on the downloads page at
http://www.magpcss.net/cef_downloads/in ... Aname#list

Thanks!
Zerberbuth

Re: 32-bit JCEF distribution?

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Zerberbuth wrote:Would it be possible to publish a 32-bit version of the project on the downloads page at
http://www.magpcss.net/cef_downloads/in ... Aname#list

Sorry, no. As stated on the JCEF project page we are not providing 32-bit binary distributions.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Zerberbuth » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:49 am

How sad, but okay. I'll keep using the 32-bit version build by hand.

Is there a specific reason why 32-bit is not officially supported for JCEF? Are there issues with running it in 32-bit I should be aware of before integrating it into my company's software? So far everything seems to be working fine but I'd rather know about any standing issues before I ship my changes to QA.

Thanks
Zerberbuth

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 am

It takes time to test/build multiple configurations. JCEF is open source -- you are welcome to create/test 32-bit builds and submit fixes for any issues that you discover. All currently known issues are listed in the CEF and JCEF issue trackers.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Crenshinibon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Zerberbuth,

do you mind sharing me the steps it takes to build a 32bit version of jcef. I'm as well in the unhappy position of handling 32bit windows distros.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Dirk
Crenshinibon

Postby gawadam » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 am

Hi Dirk,

To build a 32bit version you follow the guide https://code.google.com/p/javachromiume ... ndBuilding and replace "win64" with "win32" in instructions. In Visual Studio likewise just set release configuration to Release, Win32. The guide above guides you though each step.

Hope this helps,
Adam
gawadam

Postby gawadam » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 am

Hi All,

I have hit an issue with 32bit build of JCEF. I have built the binaries on Win7 64bit with WinSDK8.1 and JDK1.7_75 following the official BranchesAndBuilding guide. I have alos built 64bit version which is working flawlessly.

Now, when I try to run JCEF via run.bat (both detailed and simple example) on Windows XP SP3 32bit and same jdk that project was built in, I get following error (see attachments for cmd.exe screen):
"
ERROR: child_process_launcher.cc(344) Failed to launch child process
"

The JCEF window opens fine, however it does not load the default (google) page and all buttons are not spawning up any action. In detailed example the progress bar is going back and forth with "Init" status.

Has anyone experienced this before, and if so, how did you handle it?

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Attachments
jcef error 32bit.PNG
jcef error 32bit.PNG (39.3 KiB) Viewed 16993 times
gawadam

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:08 am

gawadam wrote:Now, when I try to run JCEF via run.bat (both detailed and simple example) on Windows XP SP3 32bit and same jdk that project was built in, I get following error (see attachments for cmd.exe screen):

What Visual Studio version are you building with? You might need to change the project configuration so that you can target Windows XP. See for example http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/ ... -2012.aspx.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby AndoniV » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to compile a win32 version of jcef. However I haven't been successful on creating the Visual Studio Solution to compile it, I'm stuck on step 8 (gclient runhooks) which throws a python errno2, can't seem to figure out how to proceed from here and I'd really need a win32 binary.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this one?

Thanks in advance,
Andoni
AndoniV

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:32 pm

AndoniV wrote:I'm stuck on step 8 (gclient runhooks) which throws a python errno2

What is the complete error message from python?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Next

Return to JCEF Forum