Should i use WPF or WinForms/WindowsFormsHost in WPF app?

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Re: Should i use WPF or WinForms/WindowsFormsHost in WPF app

Postby AndyB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:05 pm

PS: VB.NET... ugh. Last time i'm stuck with it, and it is... something what i'm hate anyway. Too verbose syntax + some implicit conversions can make cry anyone.

Hey, i have often such a hard time to need to translate C# code written in the intention to be as most short/cryptic/non-understandable as possible.
Live and let live, i don't comment this pointless off-topic further.
AndyB
Techie

Postby fddima » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:09 pm

AndyB wrote:
PS: VB.NET... ugh. Last time i'm stuck with it, and it is... something what i'm hate anyway. Too verbose syntax + some implicit conversions can make cry anyone.

Hey, i have often such a hard time to need to translate C# code written in the intention to be as most short/cryptic/non-understandable as possible.
Live and let live, i don't comment this pointless off-topic further.

We often use automatic tools to translate VB.NET into C#. And it is much harder because VB.NET for example has Or and OrElse while C# effectively has only short-circuit version (OrElse). I'm think opposite tools should also exist and they doesnt cost too much if it is regular task.

Upd: I'm ok if loosely related topic. But VB.NET really in use, but i'm really no feedback about. If you has suggestion from this standpoint - always like to hear about. So don't worry about "offtopic".
fddima
Master

Postby AndyB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Yep, VB.NET is in use, but no one dares to say that or even that he likes it... to be mainstream is easier. ;)
It's absolutely ok for me if you don't like VB.NET. Just felt, "hate" and "cry" is too fanatic.
C# to VB.NET translation tools fail also with some code. Many translation errors are very easy to fix (void --> Function instead Sub for Lambda Expressions), others require a bit more work.
As far i remember, i had not really a problem to translate the CefGlue sample code to VB.NET.
2 or 3 statements in the WPF sample and no or 1in the WinForms sample required a bit more work... that's normal.
AndyB
Techie

Previous

Return to CefGlue Forum