Tooltips not working anymore ?

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Tooltips not working anymore ?

Postby sebarnolds » Fri May 03, 2013 4:49 am

Hello.

I was previously using Cef version 3.1316.899.0 and Xilium revision ca7bc8dbd725 and tooltips were displaying just fine. However the next version as well as the latest version that I tried to day doesn't work. When I put breakpoints in CefDisplayHandler.cs the on_tooltip(...) method is never called.

Any idea where this could come from ?

Also, in your latest CEF release, the files avcodec-54.dll, avformat-54.dll, avutil-51.dll and d3dx9_43.dll were not included. Are they still needed or can I remove them from my disk ?

Thanks,
Sebastien
sebarnolds
Techie

Re: Tooltips not working anymore ?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 am

sebarnolds wrote:However the next version as well as the latest version that I tried to day doesn't work. When I put breakpoints in CefDisplayHandler.cs the on_tooltip(...) method is never called.

See https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... ail?id=783

sebarnolds wrote:Also, in your latest CEF release, the files avcodec-54.dll, avformat-54.dll, avutil-51.dll and d3dx9_43.dll were not included. Are they still needed or can I remove them from my disk ?

If they're not included with the binary release you don't need them. See also the README.txt file.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby sebarnolds » Wed May 08, 2013 3:24 am

Hello and thanks for the reply.

That issue about tooltip seems to be quite old but I am sure that tooltips were working previously (Cef version 3.1316.899.0 and Xilium revision ca7bc8dbd725). Are you sure it is the same issue ?

Thanks,
Sebastien
sebarnolds
Techie

Postby fddima » Wed May 08, 2013 3:50 am

sebarnolds wrote:That issue about tooltip seems to be quite old but I am sure that tooltips were working previously (Cef version 3.1316.899.0 and Xilium revision ca7bc8dbd725). Are you sure it is the same issue ?

What about latest revision with latest CEF on project's site? (CEF 3.1453.1236) ?
fddima
Master

Postby sebarnolds » Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 am

Nope, that's the last version I tried and tooltips don't work in it.

Edit:
Weird, it works when I use the WinForms demo but not in my application. It doesn't work either in the WPF offscreen rendering sample.
sebarnolds
Techie

Postby fddima » Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 am

sebarnolds wrote:Nope, that's the last version I tried and tooltips don't work in it.

Yes, you are right. Tooltips normally shown, but OnTooltip never called. Looks like regression.
fddima
Master

Postby fddima » Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 am

sebarnolds wrote:Nope, that's the last version I tried and tooltips don't work in it.

Edit:
Weird, it works when I use the WinForms demo but not in my application. It doesn't work either in the WPF offscreen rendering sample.

In WPF OSR sample it is just not implemented.
In WinForms demo it works 'cause it includes app.manifest with common controls. Check app.manifest in your's application. After you add them - it should work.

To Marshall - OnTooltip never called for window rendering (and probably never called before... hm). Looks like we just miss it at all (i found only that it is called from OSR widget host). I'm appear that it worked before, but i'm not can't get version which worked with it.
fddima
Master

Postby fddima » Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 am

I'm already report this issue before: https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... ail?id=783
fddima
Master

Postby sebarnolds » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks for manifest tip !!! I had it working before but I've done some major refactoring in my code and that included projects changes. I only had to move my manifest to the correct project and it worked.

Thanks a lot !
sebarnolds
Techie

Return to CefGlue Forum