CEF build customization (excluding not needed modules)

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other CEF users.

Re: CEF build customization (excluding not needed modules)

Postby john123 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 am

magreenblatt wrote: Using a Chromium build with just Ozone support (like a build targeting ChromeOS -- not something currently supported by CEF, see here) may offer similar performance.

Could you explain a bit, I can`t understand the meaning. 1) Performance similar to what? 2) Do you mean that it is not possible to build Chromium only with ozone support at the moment?
john123

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 am

john123 wrote:
magreenblatt wrote: Using a Chromium build with just Ozone support (like a build targeting ChromeOS -- not something currently supported by CEF, see here) may offer similar performance.

Could you explain a bit, I can`t understand the meaning. 1) Performance similar to what? 2) Do you mean that it is not possible to build Chromium only with ozone support at the moment?

Chromium targets many platforms (Windows, macOS, X11 Linux desktop, ChromeOS, Android, iOS, etc). CEF currently only supports the desktop platforms (Windows, macOS, X11 Linux desktop). Some of the other platforms (ChromeOS, Fuchsia OS, maybe more?) use the Ozone layer directly. The port of Chromium to Wayland also uses the Ozone layer directly. I'm suggesting that you look at the Ozone layer as a starting point for your project. If you also want to use CEF the 2296 issue is an example of someone who has tried porting CEF to Ozone.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby john123 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 am

Thank you very much!
john123

Previous

Return to General Discussion