A way to to build the CefClient

Built a cool app using CEF that you'd like to share with the community? Talk about it here.

A way to to build the CefClient

Postby blessenm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 am

I just took a copy from this site.
https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... e/checkout

I saw the CefClient. Can someone help in building this app.
I have three platforms linux,mac and windows.
I tried to run the .sh file on Linux but got this error

Code: Select all
____ running '/usr/bin/python tools/patcher.py --patch-config patch/patch_build.cfg' in '/home/flock/Projects/woopra/chromiumembedded-read-only'
Reading patch file /home/flock/Projects/woopra/chromiumembedded-read-only/patch/patches/build.patch
WARNING:root:source/target file does not exist
--- common.gypi
+++ common.gypi
WARNING:root:source/target file does not exist
--- win/system.gyp
+++ win/system.gyp

Generating CEF project files...

________ running '/usr/bin/python ../tools/gyp/gyp cef.gyp -I ../build/common.gypi -I ../build/features_override.gypi -I cef.gypi --no-circular-check' in '/home/flock/Projects/woopra/chromiumembedded-read-only'
/usr/bin/python: can't open file '../tools/gyp/gyp': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Error: /usr/bin/python ../tools/gyp/gyp cef.gyp -I ../build/common.gypi -I ../build/features_override.gypi -I cef.gypi --no-circular-check in /home/flock/Projects/woopra/chromiumembedded-read-only returned 2



I could not find any .sln files so I dont whether I can build in windows.

Can someone give me some steps on how to build this app. Im kinda new too all of this.
My end requirement is same as
http://magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=303&p=1159&hilit=cefclient#p1159
blessenm
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 am

CEF does not currently support the linux platform.

You can download binary releases of CEF for Windows including source code for the cefclient application here: http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... loads/list

If you want to build CEF from source code (on Windows or Mac) you need to follow the instructions in the "Source Distributions" section of the main project page: http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/
magreenblatt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9831
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby blessenm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks for the reply. And Im currently trying to build right now.

Hey I found out to get my application to run on the app mode if just added this as the command line to chrome.exe like
chrome.exe -app=http://google.com

So this basically will open the browser with no toolbar which is what i need.

So my next aim is to create a installer which will install the chromium browser with this run time argument.
I could use some guidance on it. What file would I need to edit for this?
blessenm
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 am

blessenm wrote:Thanks for the reply. And Im currently trying to build right now.

Hey I found out to get my application to run on the app mode if just added this as the command line to chrome.exe like
chrome.exe -app=http://google.com

So this basically will open the browser with no toolbar which is what i need.

So my next aim is to create a installer which will install the chromium browser with this run time argument.
I could use some guidance on it. What file would I need to edit for this?

Your question is off-topic for this forum. You should try Google Chrome Help: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/?hl=en
magreenblatt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9831
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby blessenm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Yesterday I was able to build the binary in VS 2008 and it worked. I modified the code to remove the menu bar and all the controls. I was able to create a setup.exe with it. Now my app is deployable on the windows platform.
What do you recommend to makes build for other platforms like mac and linux. I know the binary uses win 32 api for the creation of windows. So what is normally used instead of that to create other builds?
blessenm
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

blessenm wrote:Yesterday I was able to build the binary in VS 2008 and it worked. I modified the code to remove the menu bar and all the controls. I was able to create a setup.exe with it. Now my app is deployable on the windows platform.
What do you recommend to makes build for other platforms like mac and linux. I know the binary uses win 32 api for the creation of windows. So what is normally used instead of that to create other builds?

There is a version of cefclient for Mac as well (see cefclient_mac.cpp). On Mac you'll need to build CEF and Chromium from source code. Linux is not yet fully supported.

See Apple's documentation on creating installers: http://developer.apple.com/tools/installerpolicy.html
magreenblatt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9831
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby blessenm » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Hey im still working on my windows application. So right now im loading html files that are embedded in the application.
Im facing an issue with javascript files. The files that are included in the html file are not getting included.
But if I write javascript directly into the html file between script tags it works.
Does any one have any issues loading both html files and javascript that are wrapped in the application?
blessenm
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am

Re: A way to to build the CefClient

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 am

blessenm wrote:Hey im still working on my windows application. So right now im loading html files that are embedded in the application.
Im facing an issue with javascript files. The files that are included in the html file are not getting included.
But if I write javascript directly into the html file between script tags it works.
Does any one have any issues loading both html files and javascript that are wrapped in the application?

Are you loading your content from file:// URLs? The file:// protocol is given special restrictions in Chrome. See http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=47416 for details. There are a few ways to allow file:// URLs access to other files:

A. Use your own custom scheme for hosting the HTML instead of using file://.

B. Set CefSettings.universal_access_from_file_urls_allowed to true. Note that this has security ramifications and is not really recommended.
magreenblatt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9831
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 pm


Return to Apps Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron