Thanks again ...

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Thanks again ...

Postby jerryevans » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:37 am

Hey Marshall

It's been quite a while since my last visit. The gig before last ended up using Firefox. I see you've made giant strides here, the whole package is sweet. I'm looking to do something that is both Windows and OSX and CEF looks right on target

1 question: Does the lack of dependencies on Quicktime and CFCore in WebKit result from the Chrome stuff or does CEF build on top of Webkit/Cairo? I'll get into the source myself soon but I was just wondering....

Anyway, thanks again. Nice work.

Jerry
jerryevans
Techie

Re: Thanks again ...

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Jerry,

Welcome back :-).

Chromium on Mac can be configured to use either skia or core graphics. The revision of Chromium currently used by CEF is core graphics. The next update will change to skia. See http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org ... 3b6e66ab83 for more information.

CEF of Mac uses carbon as the windowing framework.

Most of the stranger/older Mac APIs are only necessary for supporting various types of plugins (none of which are supported by CEF). You can read http://dev.chromium.org/developers/desi ... ac-plugins for more information on how Chromium uses them.

Regards,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Thanks again ...

Postby custa1200 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:43 pm

A little dissapointed by Chromium moving away from the native rendering as SKIA is clearly a poorer option when it comes to rendering "beauty". There are so many things that simply do not look as good or buggy using a SKIA based browser. :(
custa1200
Techie

Return to CEF Discussion