can CEF help in case of diff. control method

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

can CEF help in case of diff. control method

Postby nobody » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 am

hello ,

I am developing a new application which allows to the user to click on some board in order to open (browser- word doc....)
after opening the app the user also can navigate using some signal ( i am using different control method)
ex if the user want to open (www.google.com) he\she will use different input method then my application will translate the user order to the chrome
i do not know if i have to modify the original source code or the chrome or i can use the embedded framework
can "Update Address Bar " work in this example ??
nobody

Re: can CEF help in case of diff. control method

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Can you provide more information on what you mean by "different control method"? Are you referring to external hardware like an accessibility device or joystick? Or are you referring to programmatic automation?

In either case, CEF provides methods for controlling navigation and focus, and the operating system provides APIs for simulating user input events like mouse clicks and keyboard input.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby nobody » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:52 am

thank you for your reply.

it is an application for people with special needs i already have an interface that reads their input and translate them into some letters with a predefined meaning
e.g.
bk --> for backward
rel--> reload the page
.... etc

i need to do an application that translate the bk , rel ... into action in the real browser
can CEF work for this ???

thank you ,
nobody

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:03 am

If you can translate the input into letters why not have your routine call GoBack(), Reload(), etc. directly when it sees the right letter combinations?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby nobody » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 am

thank you very much for your reply

i am beginner so excuse me for this question
all what i have to do is write a C++ prog. that uses the CEF
if ( received_packet == "bk")
GoBack();

where i can find the documentation to use it

thank you again for your help
nobody

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 am

You will need to create an application using CEF. Once that application exists you can then use it to navigate the browser. Take a look at the cefclient sample application or one of the simpler descriptions available here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=391
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CEF Discussion