CEF and COCOA integration...

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

CEF and COCOA integration...

Postby Farooq » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:45 am

Hi All,

I am able to successfully integrate CEF into MFC application and I am very excited about the outcome. Now I have to develop a similar application for Mac and I want to integrate CEF into COCOA application. For MFC, sample application helped me a lot. Is there similar application available for COCOA?

Kindest Regards,
Farooq-
Farooq
Techie

Re: CEF and COCOA integration...

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:13 am

The Mac implementation of cefclient uses Cocoa.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Farooq » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 am

Thank you very much. It is really very encouraging. I am compiling source code right now but it's taking too much time. It's already 12 hours and system is still compiling the code. Am I doing something wrong?
Farooq
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 am

Farooq wrote:Thank you very much. It is really very encouraging. I am compiling source code right now but it's taking too much time. It's already 12 hours and system is still compiling the code. Am I doing something wrong?

Building from source generally requires 64bit OS and > 4gb of RAM. It takes about 30 minutes on my i7 MacBook Pro.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Farooq » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:38 am

Hello Marshal,

I am trying to extract cefclient application from whole chromium source code. I tried to set active target to cefclient but still Xcode starts from beginning and it takes too much time. How is it possible that Xcode only compiles cefclient application and take less time while other libraries are already compiled. Secondly what libraries do I need for developing application from scratch? Sorry these are really basic questions but I have already spent a lot of time doing it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Farooq-
Farooq
Techie

Postby Farooq » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 pm

I am able to create a minimal CEF application. It was easy but I confused it :-)
Farooq
Techie

Postby aamitabh » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Farooq wrote:I am able to create a minimal CEF application. It was easy but I confused it :-)

Hi Farooq! Would you be able to share the Visual Studio project setting for cef and MFC integration? I am only doing win32 project and am able to compile and run but get a run time error in the 3rd executable line below libcef_dll_wrapper.cc:
------------------------------------
// Execute
int _retval = cef_initialize(
&settings,
CefAppCppToC::Wrap(application));

// Return type: bool
return _retval?true:false;
------------------------------------

I think I may not be placing the cel .lib's and .dll's in the right place in the Visdual Stusio 2008 project.

Cheers. -Amitabh
aamitabh

Return to CEF Discussion