How to contribute code for CEF

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

How to contribute code for CEF

Postby shileiyu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 pm

original cef will create child window to display web pages.so if you want embedded web in a windowless system(like 3D game).it's uesless.

I have been add some code for cef to support windowless mode.
1 .in windowless mode.you will be notice with a invalidate Rectangle by handler when web page need redraw(include scroll and composite).
2. and then you can Paint webview to your specify Device Context.and
3. and then you can display it in any place you want(exp. in 3D scene,blend it on the desktop with alpha)

but. I have no idea about whether my modification is appropriately.
first,my modification is stick on Windows cause I don't have experienced on cross-platform coding.
second,I change some code remark with don' edit by hand.

any guide or tutorial about contribute code for the project or I can just send code to project administrator?
shileiyu

Re: How to contribute code for CEF

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in contributing back to CEF. Your contributions are very welcome.

I change some code remark with don' edit by hand.

The code marked "don't edit by hand" is probably generated using the translator tool. See tools/translator.README.txt for a description of how that tool works.

any guide or tutorial about contribute code for the project or I can just send code to project administrator?

There is currently an issue in the issue tracker related to off-screen rendering:
http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ail?id=100

Please add a comment to that issue with the following information:

1. An explanation of your changes similar to what you've posted here.
2. The version of CEF that you made your changes against.
3. A patch file with your changes. You can use the "svn diff" command to create the patch file or a tool like TortoiseSVN.

Other people can then review your changes and provide feedback.

my modification is stick on Windows cause I don't have experienced on cross-platform coding.

That's not a problem. Your changes can still be helpful to others working on the same issue.

Thanks,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: How to contribute code for CEF

Postby dxj19831029 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:04 pm

shileiyu wrote:original cef will create child window to display web pages.so if you want embedded web in a windowless system(like 3D game).it's uesless.

I have been add some code for cef to support windowless mode.
1 .in windowless mode.you will be notice with a invalidate Rectangle by handler when web page need redraw(include scroll and composite).
2. and then you can Paint webview to your specify Device Context.and
3. and then you can display it in any place you want(exp. in 3D scene,blend it on the desktop with alpha)

but. I have no idea about whether my modification is appropriately.
first,my modification is stick on Windows cause I don't have experienced on cross-platform coding.
second,I change some code remark with don' edit by hand.

So how's going? any updates?
dxj19831029
Techie

Return to CEF Discussion