MacOS html contents freeze on faster resize

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

MacOS html contents freeze on faster resize

Postby Panneerselvam » Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi,
We are upgrading CEF from 3163 to 3729 for Mac OSX; We are using window less rendering and the content is drawn in the view in the different process by using IOSurface. It's working fine after upgrading to the branch 3729, but we are observing following issue:
When the window is fast resized, hosted html contents are frozen, I can still resize the parent window, get the modified width and height of the new contents (in onpaint).
I can't move to latest version of CEF due to few process limitations, can you please provide some pointers to check and resolve this issue?
Thanks!!!!
Panneerselvam
Techie

Re: MacOS html contents freeze on faster resize

Postby amaitland » Thu May 14, 2020 5:43 pm

You need to upgrade to 4044. There are known issues with the OSR implementation.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby Panneerselvam » Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 pm

@amaitland,
Thanks for the response, I have heard the issues for Windows OSR, are there similar issues reported for Mac OS too?
I will not be able to move to higher version than 74 because my application cannot afford to create more than 3 processes, thats why we are limiting the upgrade to 74 (which is CEF version 3729)
Panneerselvam
Techie

Postby amaitland » Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

You'll have to search the CEF issue tracker to see if there are reports on MacOSX

It's unlikely you'll get much support for such an old version, by definition they're unsupported.

You can try run gpu/network service in process and disable the hot spare render process. These aren't officially supported CEF options, it's still the option I'd be looking at.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Return to CEF Discussion