Load local extension on Winforms

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Load local extension on Winforms

Postby mrinali » Sun May 10, 2020 6:21 am

Hi Everyone
I am working on winforms.I want to load my extension(.crx) on my winforms (chromium browser). I got a working example of loading an extension (set page background) on winforms but by reading that example,I am not able to figure out step by step process.
Here is the link https://github.com/cefsharp/CefSharp
Can someone please tell me the process or a road map of how to load my extension on winforms. I have been struggling to implement it for more than a week.
mrinali

Re: Load local extension on Winforms

Postby magreenblatt » Sun May 10, 2020 11:26 am

CEF does not support compressed extensions or most chrome APIs. See details at https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... extensions
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mrinali » Wed May 13, 2020 4:37 am

Unchecked runtime.lastError: Access to extension API denied.", source: chrome-extension://oeeoieiefeibnppjdhikmaocpecelkof/_generated_background_page.html

I am getting the above error while loading my extension.Do you know why this is coming ? and how can I solve it.
I have already checked for my API's that I am using,all are supported by CEF for winforms.
mrinali

Postby amaitland » Wed May 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Searching the Chromium source for the error message, factoring in it's likely an old branch you are using https://github.com/chromium/chromium/bl ... er.cc#L529

Looks like a permission issue or you are trying to access an unknown extension API.

It's unlikely CEF supports loading of your extension.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mrinali » Thu May 14, 2020 2:14 am

Since my extension contains a background script and also,my error is coming while loading it. Is there any method to be implemented in particular to run background script ?
mrinali

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 am

What CEF version are you using? What is the manifest and contents of your extension? Does it work in Google Chrome? Does it work in the cefclient sample app?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mrinali » Thu May 14, 2020 9:07 am

Yes,it work with google chrome but while loading on cefclient sample app,it shows Unknown Extension API - tabs.query.
mrinali

Postby amaitland » Thu May 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Load chrome://extensions-support in the browser to see which API's are supported (I've asked you to do this a few times already).

tabs.query is not implemented.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mrinali » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:02 am

I have already replaced tabs.query with some other supported API. There is no error then also the content script is not getting loaded.
mrinali

Return to CEF Discussion