Embedded browser and SAML support

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Embedded browser and SAML support

Postby nycnewman » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 am

I have two vendor applications which appear to have broken due to Google authentication checks for embedded browsers. However both apps are using SAML authentication rather than Google oAuth. Wondering whether anyone else has hit this problem and how they resolved.

After many back and forth with Google Support they could not provide a coherent answer to how SAML redirects are supposed to work with oAuth in an embedded browser.

THoughts appreciated.
nycnewman

Re: Embedded browser and SAML support

Postby nycnewman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 am

Is anyone else seeing this. App developers don't know how to fix this and Google did a massive shoulder shrug.

Two apps using embedded browser are now being blocked by Google as "App or browser is not secure". Apparently this is a new message that Google wants you to use oAuth to access Google login due to concerns over credential stealing. This however appears to broken apps that used the embedded browser to access their full functionality and offered SAMl based federated login. Not clear how SAMl and oAuth are supposed to work in this scenario.
nycnewman

Re: Embedded browser and SAML support

Postby salvadordf » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Yes, everyone can see your message.
In my case, I've never used SAML, only OAuth2.
I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you.
Maintainer of the CEF4Delphi, WebView4Delphi, WebUI4Delphi and WebUI4CSharp projects.
salvadordf
Expert

Return to CEF Discussion