incorrect search path for locales and *.bin

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

incorrect search path for locales and *.bin

Postby tgayet » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:55 am

hi,

I have made a build of cef and i am using the libcef.so library.

Everything seems okay but at runtime, I have had a crash.

Using the Linux "strace" tools I have observed that the path used to find the locales cas not the local directory but /usr/bin.

At the beginning, for a test i have made a symbolic link and it was working fine.

My first question of to understand why cef have a wrong search path ? The spotify version of cef have a correct search path!

Then i have found several setting :

browser_subprocess_path The path to a separate executable that will be launched for sub-processes. See the “Separate Sub-Process Executable” section for more information.

multi_threaded_message_loop Set to true to have the browser process message loop run in a separate thread. See the “Message Loop Integration” section for more information.

command_line_args_disabled Set to true to disable configuration of browser process features using standard CEF and Chromium command-line arguments. See the “Command Line Arguments” section for more information.

cache_path The location where cache data will be stored on disk. If empty an in-memory cache will be used for some features and a temporary disk cache will be used for others. HTML5 databases such as localStorage will only persist across sessions if a cache path is specified.

locale The locale string that will be passed to Blink. If empty the default locale of "en-US" will be used. This value is ignored on Linux where locale is determined using environment variable parsing with the precedence order: LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES and LANG. Also configurable using the "lang" command-line switch.

log_file The directory and file name to use for the debug log. If empty, the default name of "debug.log" will be used and the file will be written to the application directory. Also configurable using the "log-file" command-line switch.

log_severity The log severity. Only messages of this severity level or higher will be logged. Also configurable using the "log-severity" command-line switch with a value of "verbose", "info", "warning", "error", "error-report" or "disable".

resources_dir_path The fully qualified path for the resources directory. If this value is empty the cef.pak and/or devtools_resources.pak files must be located in the module directory on Windows/Linux or the app bundle Resources directory on Mac OS X. Also configurable using the "resources-dir-path" command-line switch.

locales_dir_path The fully qualified path for the locales directory. If this value is empty the locales directory must be located in the module directory. This value is ignored on Mac OS X where pack files are always loaded from the app bundle Resources directory. Also configurable using the "locales-dir-path" command-line switch.

remote_debugging_port Set to a value between 1024 and 65535 to enable remote debugging on the specified port. For example, if 8080 is specified the remote debugging URL will be http://localhost:8080. CEF can be remotely debugged from any CEF or Chrome browser window. Also configurable using the "remote-debugging-port" command-line switch.

Source : https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... neralUsage

can they be used via the use of command_line-> AppendSwitchWithValue() ?

Thanks in advance of your return.

BR

Thierry
tgayet
Techie

Re: incorrect search path for locales and *.bin

Postby tgayet » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:17 am

@Czarek any idea of the problem ?

BR

Thierry
tgayet
Techie

Re: incorrect search path for locales and *.bin

Postby Czarek » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:45 am

What CEF version? Does the issue reproduce with cefsimple/cefclient? Most settings can be set via switches in OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing callback.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to CEF Discussion