Wanting to use CEF for a line of business application

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Wanting to use CEF for a line of business application

Postby custa1200 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi guys, first post here, be gentle on me. :)

We are looking at various way to deliver our line of business applications using modern web technologies., CSS3, HTML5 etc.. Stumbled across CEF and am keen to find out more if this could be part of the solution we are looking for.

We have looked at Prism and feel that the development has stagnated over there to the point we don't have much confidence of where their development stands. One of the issues with Prism was the lack of NTLM pass through authentication. Was wondering if anybody has dealt with these issues yet or even if CEF is capable of handling it?

Looking forward to following this project very closely.
custa1200
Techie

Re: Wanting to use CEF for a line of business application

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 am

NTLM is currently supported by chrome (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=19), so if it's not already supported by CEF then it should be possible to add support. I'm not sure if anyone has tested this with CEF so you might want to start by testing it yourself. If it's not already implemented in CEF then you'll likely need to implement it (patches welcome) or sponsor its implementation.

Regards,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby custa1200 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

magreenblatt wrote:NTLM is currently supported by chrome (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=19), so if it's not already supported by CEF then it should be possible to add support. I'm not sure if anyone has tested this with CEF so you might want to start by testing it yourself. If it's not already implemented in CEF then you'll likely need to implement it (patches welcome) or sponsor its implementation.

Regards,
Marshall

Hey Marshall,

Wondering if you have any idea what implementing a function like this would take a developer familiar with C++. Is this something that would be implemented within a day, week, months?
Are there any examples that you can point to that could help? Do you normally look at the full Chrome to see how they implement it?

We are definitely keen to look into doing the work but just need some pointers to start us off.
custa1200
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 am

Is this something that would be implemented within a day, week, months?

I haven't specifically looked into this issue, but I would imagine days at most. It could potentially be working already -- as I said originally, I'm not sure if anyone has tried it with CEF.

Are there any examples that you can point to that could help? Do you normally look at the full Chrome to see how they implement it?

Looking at the Chromium code is a good place to start. You can use the source revisions included in the Chromium issue (linked above) as a guide.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CEF Discussion