Paid Support/Compiling?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Paid Support/Compiling?

Postby kabone76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 am

Is there anywhere I can hire someone to compile CEF with the settings I need? I have tried upwork, but cannot seem to find anyone..
kabone76
Techie

Re: Paid Support/Compiling?

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 am

What settings do you need?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kabone76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 am

magreenblatt wrote:What settings do you need?

I need to disable webrtc so it does not leak my ip when using a proxy and add widevine support. Can be for branch 3396 or a newer branch.
kabone76
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 am

kabone76 wrote:

I need to disable webrtc so it does not leak my ip when using a proxy and add widevine support. Can be for branch 3396 or a newer branch.

Both of those are supported by the default/standard build, as discussed in your previous thread at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16305. You should instead be seeking someone to assist you in implementing those features correctly.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kabone76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:41 am

magreenblatt wrote:
kabone76 wrote:

Both of those are supported by the default/standard build, as discussed in your previous thread at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16305. You should instead be seeking someone to assist you in implementing those features correctly.

Yes. Is there someone where I can find someone to help to help me do that? Im in a time crunch and have been unable to implement it myself.
kabone76
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 am

You're still missing some important information. For example:

• What is your deadline?
  • What platform(s) do you need to support?
  • Where are you planning to get the Widevine binaries? How will they be distributed/installed by your application?
  • What Widevine content are you planning to play? Do you have the required license from Google?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 am

Also, are you using the CEF C/C++ APIs directly, or one of the wrapper projects? If a wrapper project, which one (your previous thread mentions JCEF)?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kabone76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 am

magreenblatt wrote:You're still missing some important information. For example:

• What is your deadline?
  • What platform(s) do you need to support?
  • Where are you planning to get the Widevine binaries? How will they be distributed/installed by your application?
  • What Widevine content are you planning to play? Do you have the required license from Google?

What is your deadline? - within the next few days
What platform(s) do you need to support? - Ubuntu server 16.04/18.04 x64
Where are you planning to get the Widevine binaries? How will they be distributed/installed by your application? - Chrome? This is a private build and will not be distributed
What Widevine content are you planning to play? Do you have the required license from Google? Spotify and no license
Also, are you using the CEF C/C++ APIs directly, or one of the wrapper projects? If a wrapper project, which one? Well I plan to just be able to launch the binary and use that with selenium. But the main project I am working on is in java so it would be JCEF.
kabone76
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 am

kabone76 wrote:What Widevine content are you planning to play? Do you have the required license from Google? Spotify and no license
Also, are you using the CEF C/C++ APIs directly, or one of the wrapper projects? If a wrapper project, which one? Well I plan to just be able to launch the binary and use that with selenium.

How specifically are you planning to use this with Spotify content? Have you checked their terms of service to make sure it's allowed?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kabone76 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 am

magreenblatt wrote:
kabone76 wrote:What Widevine content are you planning to play? Do you have the required license from Google? Spotify and no license
Also, are you using the CEF C/C++ APIs directly, or one of the wrapper projects? If a wrapper project, which one? Well I plan to just be able to launch the binary and use that with selenium.

How specifically are you planning to use this with Spotify content? Have you checked their terms of service to make sure it's allowed?

I am simply trying to make a desktop application that I can learn from that I won't have to install in order to listen to music. I have reviewed the terms of service, i don't plan on using this in a malicious way. I guess some better context would be this:

I want to be able to use the same executable with other websites and not leak my ip when i use it, I just figured compiling 1 version with Widevine support and webrtc disabled would make it so I didn't have to switch between executable.
kabone76
Techie

Next

Return to CEF Discussion