Communication preferences

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Communication preferences

Postby Gandalf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:19 am

Hi

I have recently been looking into V8 handler usage for communication between JS and C++. I have already implemented communication methods like this and have done testing with it so ensure it meets my requirements. At the same time, I am wondering about general benefits of using a Generic Message Router implementation primarily instead.

To help anyone who is feeling helpful and wants to provide some insight to help me:
    1. I am using the latest version of CEF
    2. The browser document is never re-loaded/changed after initial initialization procedures
    3. Communication between JavaScript and C++ is performed for a lot of things and not just one or two things
Are there any speed enhancements for improving performance when going down the route of a Generic Message Router over V8 communication methods?
Gandalf

Re: Communication preferences

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm

The generic message router is a provided (and tested) implementation using V8 bindings. If you correctly implement your V8 bindings then there should be no significant performance differences. If you're not sure what "correctly implement" means then you should probably just use the provided implementation.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby RaphaelM » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 am

Hi magreenblatt, so the provided implementation is supposed to be treated as 'jack of all trades' kind of a thing?
I love this best weight loss pills review article.
RaphaelM

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

RaphaelM wrote:Hi magreenblatt, so the provided implementation is supposed to be treated as 'jack of all trades' kind of a thing?

Correct.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CEF Discussion